Consider a career with Cummings Lumber Company. Every job and every employee is integral to providing the quality and excellence we strive for as a company. Please stop by the Cummings Lumber Company office at 21756 Route 14, Troy Pa and complete an application. Or fill it out online by clicking on this link -
Application for Employment
Current Job Openings
Cummings Lumber Company is seeking a Diesel Mechanic to work in our garage maintaining trucks, trailers, forklifts, and other powered equipment. Keeping them in good operating order to ensure the highest production levels.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance to ensure trucks, trailers, forklifts and other equipment operate efficiently and downtime is minimized.
- Install, repair or replace equipment/machinery/automotive parts.
- Coordinate and schedule maintenance work activities based on work priority.
- Identify any maintenance, safety or DOT related issues and take immediate steps to correct.
- Order parts and supplies for maintenance and repair purposes within guidelines provided.
- Maintain proper written documentation on repairs, parts used and purchases as directed.
- Maintain an orderly work area and follow all safety rules.
- Additional duties and assignments will be made as needed. Temporary assignments to other functions and jobs may be made without prior notice.
- Maintain a satisfactory attendance record.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity of communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Use downtime not requiring your assistance in repairs to perform duties such as preventative maintenance, housekeeping, etc.
- Train or assist in training others as requested.
- Mechanical knowledge of trucks and other equipment as well as tools including their design and uses.
- At least 5 years of mechanical education/experience.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Strong work ethic and initiative with the ability to work independently and with a team.
- Results driven.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Class A CDL as well as a heavy vehicle inspection license is preferred but not required.
- Scheduled hours can vary upon situation.
Cummings Lumber Company Inc., is located in Troy Pennsylvania, and has successfully operated since 1929 producing quality hardwood products and exceptional service. We offer competitive wages and full benefit package (health, life, vision, 401k, vacation) to all eligible employees. We require pre-employment drug screening. Cummings Lumber Company is an equal opportunities employer to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religions, ancestry, sex, age, national origin, disability, medical condition, veteran status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Applications may be completed at the office of Cummings Lumber Company located at 21756 Route 14, Troy, PA or fill one out online by
Feel free to email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.