Cummings Lumber Company is currently seeking an experienced Sawmill Manager for its sawmill and kiln operations to strategically plan, organize, coordinate, manage, and evaluate the work activities and resources necessary for a successful operation. The Mill manager will lead in accordance with safety, quality, grade recovery, cost and quantity specifications while striving to continuously improve in all aspects of Mill performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes, controls and directs all production related activities to ensure that standards of safety and quality are consistently met in a timely and cost effective manner
- Monitors production tracking system, quality control, and performance indicators and develops new methods to increase overall production
- Monitors scheduled equipment maintenance and inspects machinery and equipment regularly to decrease and eliminate downtime
- Hires, trains, and evaluates all production employees as well as resolves personnel issues. Performs written employee reviews yearly at employee's anniversary date
- Provides direction, development, and training for production employees while encouraging safety and positive morale among the workforce
- Monitors and maintains employee schedule to ensure adequate coverage to maximize production
- Establishes and maintains good communication and a strong relationship with all departments including sales, procurement, accounting, HR, and maintenance
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies. Ensures compliance with OSHA regulations
Job Knowledge Skills Requirements:
- 5+ years of previous experience in management preferably in the Hardwood industry
- 4 year degree in Forestry or related field preferred
- Knowledge of NHLA lumber grading rules
- Knowledge of sawmill technology, machinery, and equipment
- Proven business management and team leadership skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including listening, coaching and training.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes with mechanical abilities including a strong aptitude for root cause analysis and troubleshooting operational issues.
- Planning, organizational, time management, and quick decision making skills.
- Ability to identify, develop, and implement new and creative solutions to solve complex problems
Located in Troy Pennsylvania, Cummings Lumber Company has successfully operated since 1929 producing quality hardwood products with exceptional service. We offer a competitive wage and full benefit package (health, life, vision, 401k, vacation) to all eligible employees. We require pre-employment drug screening. Cummings Lumber Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religions, ancestry, sex, age, national origin, disability, medical condition, veteran status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Qualified applicants may email their resume to email@example.com or print and complete an application at cummingslumber.com/clcapplication.pdf and mail it to 21756 Route 14, Troy PA, 16947. Or fill it out online by clicking on this link -
Application for Employment
Go Back to the Employment Page
Cummings Lumber Company Inc.
Shipping quality hardwoods since 1929.
P.O. Box 6
21756 Route 14