Cummings Lumber Company is currently looking for Lumber Handlers at its Sawmill.
- Sort and stack lumber or pallet material according to instructions provided.
- Remove shims and miss-cuts from decks and chop into lengths for the refuse belt.
- Ensure boards or cants are straight.
- Return un-edged boards to edger for remanufacturing.
- Rip boards as directed by lumber inspector.
- If needed, set up carts and crates for appropriate sorts.
- Signal forklift operator for timely pick-up of full packs.
- Promptly report malfunctions and discrepancies with equipment to supervisor and/or maintenance.
- Keep debris clear from passageways and walk areas.
- Maintain an orderly work area and follows all safety rules.
- Additional duties and assignments will be made as needed. Temporary assignments to other functions and jobs may be made without prior notice.
- Maintain a satisfactory attendance record.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Use downtime to perform preventative maintenance and housekeeping.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity of communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Train or assist in training others as requested.
- Good physical condition – must be able to lift up to 60 lbs. frequently; stand, walk, twist, bend and squat continuously.
- Manual dexterity with the ability to move your hands and feet quickly.
- Ability follow simple directions. Requires good eyesight with attention to detail.
- Heavy physical demands and fast-paced workload, working on multiple tasks, lifting, pushing, pulling, bending. Planning, problem-solving, and decision-making.
- Moderate variations in temperature, moderate fumes, or dust.
- Responsible for the quality and condition of the product.
- Responsible for preventing equipment, material, and building from being damaged.
- Responsible for working with others in a safe manner while using the equipment. Must be aware of surroundings, other people, and equipment. Must be aware of and follow all safety rules for department and company.
- Responsible for reporting and fixing safety hazards promptly as well as malfunctions and discrepancies.
Cummings Lumber Company produces quality hardwoods and offers regular work hours, a competitive starting wage and benefit package including health, vision, life, 401(k) and vacation to eligible employees. Cummings Lumber Company is an equal opportunity employer. Pre-employment drug testing required.
Qualified applicants may email their resume to email@example.com or print and complete an application at cummingslumber.com/clcapplication.pdf and mail it to 21756 Route 14, Troy PA, 16947. Or fill it out online by clicking on this link -
Application for Employment
Go Back to the Employment Page
Cummings Lumber Company Inc.
Shipping quality hardwoods since 1929.
P.O. Box 6
21756 Route 14